New York Legislative Service is a §501(c)(3) not-for-profit membership corporation. We offer two types of memberships: New York State and New York City. You may have either type of membership, or both, depending upon the focus of your firm’s practice. Most of the larger law firms and corporations have both State and City memberships.
Your New York Legislative Service STATE Membership Benefits:
* You may call us any time with any questions on legislation—we’re here to help!
* Free bill text & sponsor’s memos from the current session
* Free bill tracking—our most popular service. All actions of your bill(s) of interest will be emailed directly to you and/or your parties of interest.
* Discounts (25 - 50%) on all requests for legislative or agency intent-based research for official Governor's bill jackets (with added material for legislative intent) and for our proprietary legislative histories on Budget chapter laws, statute revisions, intent materials for laws passed prior to 1921, Constitutional amendments, and New York Codes, Rules & Regulations
* Receive our State Reports: concise coverage on legislation, Executive Orders, hearings, and new laws to keep you informed of the legislature’s activities. Sections of the Reports can be emailed automatically to any number of people in your firm who have an interest in legislation regarding specific statutes.
* Alerts on important legislation, hearings, vetoes, and Executive Orders
* Notices with synopses for all bills introduced affecting any statute(s), tailor-made to your needs.
* Services customized for your library’s needs
* Membership is like adding another employee for $212.50/month!
We are completely self-supporting. Your membership allows us to:
* Ensure that we will continue to be around to lend our expert services when you need them
* Employ research experts on New York legislative procedure and justification
* Maintain and expand a specialized library on legislative intent that is incomparable
The only research specialists in the country on New York legislative intent are trained and employed at New York Legislative Service, Inc.
Your loyalty always enables us to keep being your top choice for legislative intent and purpose.
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, NYLS appreciates the support of your membership!
For information on our New York City Membership Service, click here!
the only research experts on legislative intent since 1932